I made knot buttons for the Turkish coat.
Turkish coat (anteri) that I made for myself, based on Reconstructing History pattern #407, out of shot silk – a teal blue and brown cross weave. Looks like olive green. I’m going to let it hang on the toile for a bit before hemming and buttons. Lined in scraps of linen.
Well, I did get some sewing done. Made a gomlek (top) and salvar (bottom) for Stef for Pennsic out of linen that he picked out at Pennsic last year. I used ReconstructingHistory.com pattern #405 – Ottoman Turkish Man.
I don’t really need anything for myself, but I did already make some new harem pants. You can’t have enough pants at Pennsic.
A friend of ours who wants to check out Pennsic this year (only for a day or two), is interested in the Greco-Roman look, so that should be easy to throw together. Otherwise, I would just point him toward Tigr’s Toggs, which I highly recommend as comfortable and reasonably priced garb for Pennsic.
I have put aside the Star Wars Imperial Officer uniform for now, even though I have made some progress on it. I don’t think we are going to DragonCon this year so I don’t have an immediate place to wear it, anyway.
I’m getting a lot of requests for kilts made of camo fabric, and I might actually get paid, so I should put some effort into that.