The Pennsic sewing continues. I’ll just keep making stuff until time runs out. And my stash is far from running out. Husband doesn’t have that much garb and he requested more ottoman Turkish stuff.
This is another men’s kaftan, with too-long sleeves that can be worn scrunched up, or just hanging back without putting your arms into them. Once again, I used the pattern from ReconstructingHistory.com.
So I’ve been working on this really challenging sewing project lately, and I’m still far from being finished, but made a lot of progress with it this weekend. I’m making a mens blazer or suit jacket, single breasted, semi-fitted, partially lined, for the boyfriend. I’ve made jackets with lapels before, but they didn’t turn out all that well, so I have been super-meticulous about making this one right. Lapels are really hard: they are usually several pieces, curved seams, and the dots must line up precisely, or it won’t work.
I’m using this pattern, view B:
I made some modifications to the pockets and I’m using my preferred finishing techniques, but otherwise am trying to follow it as designed/written. Have already put many hours over several days into it…and so now I think I’ve run out of steam and need a little break from it.
Quick Burda Pattern Roundup
Some other things that I made lately are just some comfortable everyday clothing for my own wardrobe.
Burda 7916 – a very easy t-shirt pattern with lots of variations
Burda 8316 – already made four garments from this one, two of each view, with some modifications. I used camo ripstop fabrics, and cotton canvas. Once you’ve mastered putting in zippers, pants are easy.
Burda 7678 – and I made view A in this one, very easy with the serger, and I’ll prolly make a few more because I have lots of jersey knit in my stash.