The fronts are just about done. The pocket, lining, and buttonholes are in. After doing the pocket and lining all by hand, I resorted to machine sewing the buttonholes. I tried handsewing one, and it just looked hideous.
Can’t sleep…so this is a quickie post on what I’m working on. It’s a Kannik’s waistcoat, for my 1812 reenactor friend. So far I cut the pieces out, basted the interfacing and stay tape to the fronts, and started on the welt pockets – all by hand.
I’m working for my black powder/Rev. war reenactor friend again. He’s been doing War of 1812 stuff lately, so this is an army jacket of that period, based on http://www.pastpatterns.com/041.html. It only includes sizes 38-44, and I had to scale and adjust the pattern up for a size 54 – a non-trivial task, but my fitting skills just get better. I did a muslin fitting and cut out all the pieces, and so far have the welt pocket on the right front sewn. I’m working on it little by little, as I find the time. The design and construction of the back is not too different from the 1870s Robe Anglaise that I did last year.